This is the official release announcement for IPFire 2.19 – Core Update 112. Unfortunately it is a little bit behind schedule.
This Core Update mainly comes with updates under the hood. Core system libraries have been updated to new major versions and the build toolchain got major updates. These are:
- GNU Compiler Collection 6.3.0
- Python 2.7.13
openvpn(2.3.17) has received some security updates that have been discovered recently.
- A remote command execution vulnerarbility in
ids.cgihas been closed with could be used by authenticated users to run shell commands with non-superuser rights.
- It is now possible to create networks in the firewall that are a subnet of any of the internal zones.
- The toolchain and build scripts have also been cleaned up and improved.
- The IPFire netboot has been updated so that always the best architecture for a system is used (i.e. the 64 bit version is installed when the system supports it).
miniupnpdis now listening on GREEN by default
tcpickare not maintained upstream any more
We are currently crowdfunding a Captive Portal for IPFire and would like you to ask to check it out and support us!
Please help us to support the work on IPFire Project with your donation.